Sunday 1 December 2013

Please don't go, I'll eat you whole I love you so


My life right now revolves around academia and food - more specifically: post-it notes, library fines, word count angst, packed lunches, dinner breaks, theory testing and late night gym trips. I've got one week left to write two 4000 word essays, which I don't mind too much since there are worse things than spending all day every day writing and thinking. The thought of so many ideally very meaningful sentences is still a bit unsettling though. 


Packed lunches are pretty good, but they do involve a bit of planning and I need to get better at that to avoid impulsive panini and cookie buys. This is a whole wheat pasta salad with a mayonnaise-mustard-olive-oil-dressing, roasted pepper, potatoes and kale. 


I just made these this morning, and they were amazing. I'm trying to become a more effective snacker, and these cookies only have two ingredients - eggs and bananas, plus any additional fun ingredients really. I added coconut and chopped almonds because that's all I had available, but I need to get some dates (haha) and cranberries or blueberries for next time. You can find the recipe here. I might or might not have finished all of them already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment